Rather than continue song by song through the Caravan Club set I thought I’d do something a bit different and offer you the set via a 20 question quiz. Each song is one we’ll be doing Friday week. Answers below
1 `Then I spewed my self disgust up at the finish of the dust up with the train conductor wearing stripes and strands of minestrone in his moustache.’
2 `I’m a no one in my loungeroom but I’m sure I’d be a someone in New York.’
3 `Bjorn Borg and Vitas Gerulaitis don’t come down with serum hepatitis.’
4 `I’m a Colonel Sanders Chicken mauler as well as a Falcon staller’
5 `He swung that guitar lethal like a Gattling gun, he played the music with his soul, gave the kiss to rock and roll, took the blues and holler and he make it fun.’
6 `Broadway’s pumping like a heart at the end of a marathon.’
7 `He saw the semi-trailer just before he karked.’
8 `That’s the final straw he said, give someone else your maidenhead. She laughed “I’ve got nothing to lose.”
9 `I know what it’s like to be rejected every night’
10 `There was a bit of blood right across the bumper I wiped it down with my Christmas jumper.’
11. `She was a woman of the next millennium but still she drowned in her own condominium’
12 `Who am I to think that ever I could come to something more than this?’
13. `But I wouldn’t trade him for the world and he loves me more than any girl’
14. `Come to Perth where we’ve got the Edgleys and two pedestrian malls’
15. `I drained another pastis, searched in vain for an accomplice.’
16. `I like my beer after work and my four on the floor.’
17.`Our fathers put the desert into desert rats’
18.`We’re the smile on Maggie May the chalk marks where John Lennon lay’.
19.`Maybe I’m stuck in a bad run of luck.’
20.`They’re in love with the sound of their own voice, swamped by a wave of intrigue.’
- China Town.
- John Arlott Makes Me Chuckle.
- Lonely Bar Room Crawler
- The King and Me.
- Bicton v Brooklyn.
- Car Park
- Nothing to Lose
- Suburban Boy
- Strange Night
- Woman Who Drowned in her Own Apartment
- These Parts
- Million Miles From Home
- Suburban Rock
- Convict Streak
- Old Guitars.
- Girls Wank.